The Truesdale Lake website has a Lake Management section with lots of information about the lake and the environment.
The Truesdale Lake Management Committee is a subcommittee of the Truesdale Lake Property Owners Association. Its members belong to both the Truesdale Lake Property Owners Association (TLPOA) and the Truesdale Estates Association (TEA) and reports are made to both associations.
Its responsibilities include:
- contracting for and overseeing the weed and algae treatments of the lake by Allied Biological,
- obtaining Wetland Activity Permits from the Town of Lewisboro for lake treatments and other activities,
- monitoring the testing of the water by The Citizens Statewide Lake Assessment Program (CSLAP) (a volunteer lake monitoring program run by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) and the NYS Federation of Lake Associations, Inc. (NYSFOLA),
- representing TLPOA and TEA at New York State Department of Environmental Conservation inspections,
- managing the dam’s height by raising and lowering the boards,
- managing the dam’s condition by contracting for regular mowing,
- interfacing with the Town of Lewisboro Highway Department with respect to the road surface at the dam,
- coordinating schedules of TEA and TLPOA beach activities with lake treatments,
- coordinating management of boats stored on TLPOA & TEA riparian properties,
- researching and communicating plans for maintenance of the dam,
- organizing volunteers for tasks affecting the lake.
- educating riparian owners about best practices for the health of the lake and possibly expand to include the entire watershed of Truesdale Lake,
Some sections in the Lake Management area of the website include:
- Lake Health and Minimizing Human Impact
- No Dogs Allowed On Beaches: Here’s Why
- Fish Health
- Geese Management
- Aquatic Plant Management Plan
If you have any input or questions, please post in the comments below. If you live in the Truesdale community and would like to join the Lake Committee please send us a note using the Contact Us link on the left hand side.