In order to use boats on Truesdale Lake, you must be a deeded member in good standing of one of the lake organizations (TLPOA, TEA, Vreeland association) or have waterfront property AND you must have a valid Truesdale Lake boat sticker.
Applications are checked against a list of TEA, TLPOA, Vreeland, and Lake Shore Drive riparian addresses to ensure all registered boats are owned by deeded members in good standing with their respective associations.
IMPORTANT: When you fill out the form below and click the Submit button at the bottom, you will get a confirmation email to the email address you entered below. If you do not get this confirmation email right away (check your spam folder too!), your submission did not go through and you should submit again.
PLEASE FILL THIS OUT SEPARATELY FOR EACH BOAT YOU ARE REGISTERING!
There are many reasons for requiring boats be registered:
- Getting your boat back in case of flooding and/or wind. Neighbors who retrieve your windblown boat can call to determine who the boat belongs to.
- Stopping invasive plant and animal species from being introduced into the lake (e.g. watermilfoil, zebra mussels, snakehead fish) when boats are used in more than one lake.
- Ensuring access to the lake is restricted and private.
- Eliminating trespassing on private properties.
- Your boat will not be impounded and removed in the future.
Boats with valid stickers can be stored at your association’s designated boat storage lots around the lake:
- TLPOA members have access to boat storage at lots at the corner of Gilbert and Indian Lane (near the dam next to TLPOA lot #96), on Hoyt Street (between lot #124 and #125), as well as a lot on Lake Shore Drive (between lot #6 and #7). [see TLPOA map]
- TEA members in good standing can store boats at the TEA-owned lot at the corner of Gilbert Street and Lake Shore Drive. [see TEA map]
- Vreeland owners have an association property with seasonal boat storage near the development off of Boway.
All boats (whether kept on your property or at the designated boat storage lots) must have a valid Truesdale Lake boat sticker. Failure to obtain a sticker will result in the removal of your boat from the association properties. Boats removed will be put up for sale at one of our periodic boat auctions.
If you move outside of the deeded rights area you must remove your boat immediately. We will make an attempt to contact you via the information you provided when registering your boat. If that fails we will sell your boat at one of our periodic boat auctions.