We have a Truesdale Lake Dock Committee (TLDC) with members of the various associations on the lake that has the following rules for building or repairing docks on Truesdale Lake. For some additional context and information, read this helpful dock article here.
- Dock Reasonable Use Criteria – This page has the dock limits outlined for various property sizes, lakefront dimensions, and property line setbacks.
- Dock Application – Anyone wishing to build a new dock or repair or expand an existing dock must fill out this application in full to begin the approval process for the dock.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the contact form at this website.
Keep in mind the following:
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Approval from the Truesdale Dock Committee can be very quick if everything is in order.
- You will still need a wetland permit from the Town of Lewisboro before you can build a dock. Failure to do this will result in a wetland violation and monetary fine from the town. And you may also be required to remove any structure built without a permit.Â CALL the Lewisboro planning board at (914) 763-5592.
If you have received approval from the Truesdale dock committee, you still need a wetland permit from the Town of Lewisboro. This can be done in parallel with the TLDC application. We recommend you start this process as soon as you know you want to build, repair, or expand a dock. See number above.
- Include your Truesdale Dock Committee approval letterÂ with your wetland permit application.
- The process leading to Truesdale Lake Dock Committee approval will help get everything well organized for submitting to the Town of Lewisboro planning department and the wetlands consultant.Â
If your TLDC application isÂ incomplete or your proposed dock does not conform to the TLDC Dock Reasonable Use Criteria, the letter you receive will outline the non-conformancesÂ and a copy will be sent to theÂ planning departmentÂ and theÂ wetlands inspector.Â
You can resubmit the application with modifications that will make the dock conform to the reasonable use criteria.
If you have questions please let us know in your dock application. There is a field for general questions and comments. Thanks!