Please scroll down for form.
On Truesdale Lake, new dock construction, dock renovation, or dock repair must first be approved by the Truesdale Lake Dock Committee (TLDC).
The TLDC is comprised of members of the TLPOA, TEA, Vreeland, and Lake Shore Drive unaffiliated riparian homeowners (aka the collective owners and maintainers of Truesdale Lake).
If approval is given by the TLDC then homeowner must then:
- apply for a building permit from the Town Building Department
- permit must also be approved by the Wetlands Inspector (via the Planning Board) since any waterfront work by definition falls within the town’s wetland buffer law.
- Note: Failure to obtain a wetland activity permit can result in a town fine of up to $7,500 per offense (see this section of town code)
The form below and all application information submitted will go to the members of TLDC for consideration.
Please refer to the Dock Reasonable Use Criteria page for information on docks allowed on the lake. After you have familiarized yourself with the dock reasonable use criteria and have all necessary paperwork for the dock application, please fill out the form below and submit.
If you have submitted the online form without attaching the information required at the bottom, you can either email those documents or mail copies of the documents (see mailing address below) to the committee to complete your application.
FYI – Your application will be processed and answered much faster if you submit everything online since it is easier to distribute all of the necessary documents to the TLDC members electronically.
If your dock proposal conforms to the TLDC’s Reasonable Use Criteria for Building and Maintaining a dock on Truesdale Lake, the TEA will draft a letter that consents to the proposed use of the TEA lake and lake bed. You must sign and return this consent. We will provide you a copy for your records. You must then apply for a building permit with the Town of Lewisboro. They will ask you about the TLDC signed consent approval so bring it with you.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “dock” somewhere in the subject line. Thanks!
When you submit this application, it is automatically emailed to everyone on the TLDC right away.
Incomplete forms will not be processed.
IMPORTANT: Please scroll up after you hit submit to make sure the “Thank You” message is displayed indicating your application went through.
If you can’t scan or include electronic copies of the forms & certificates required using the form above, please provide TWO paper copies of all required information via US Mail to the following address (and email us when you have sent it so we know to look for it):
Truesdale Estates Association
ATTN: Dock Application
PO Box 363
South Salem, NY 10590
Forms or proof required include ALL FIVE of the following:
- Scale diagram of proposed new dock or repair including: Top and Side elevations including dimensions of all sections of the proposed dock, property line setbacks, waterfront dimensions, and location of dock. See complete list and example diagrams near bottom of Dock Reasonable Use Criteria.
- Property survey copy.
- Certificate of Occupancy for all structures on property.
- Latest septic pumping bill showing pumping/inspection within the last 18 months.
- Homeowners insurance showing coverage for property extensions (i.e. the dock).
Note: The building department will also need copies of these documents when you make an application for a Town of Lewisboro building permit.
Once we receive your COMPLETE application (including all items above as well as electronic form submission) we will let you know within two weeks its status (approved or rejected).