Truesdale Estates Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 363
South Salem, NY 10590
TEA Beach Rules
1)Â Â Â All members must sign in each day with the lifeguard as this is a private beach.
2)Â Â Â Beach use is limited to Deeded Members in Good Standing (paid dues). Regular Members may have accompanied guests. All other use is prohibited.
3)Â Â Â If a Member wishes to bring 10 or more guests, please check in advance with the Beach Chairperson or an Association Officer for the proper approval to have a large group at the beach at a particular time. Additional TEAÂ party rulesÂ apply.
4)Â Â Â A Member must accompany their guests at all times.
5)Â Â Â An adult must accompany children under the age of 14.
6)Â Â Â The lifeguard reserves the right to test any person’s swimming ability.
7)Â Â Â The lifeguard also has the right to ask anyone to leave the beach for failure to comply with any of the above rules. He/she may also request anyone leave for excessive roughhousing or objectionable behavior and for safety reasons such as lightning storms.
8)Â Â Â NO DIVING from the Swimming float and no jumping off the back of the float. The lifeguard’s view must not be obstructed.
9) Boats (canoes, sailboats, sai1boards, etc.) may be used outside the designated swimming area and must have a proper boat permit. Please click here to fill out a Truesdale Lake boat permit application. Permits are free for residents with deeded lake rights who pay their dues.
10) Boats with a proper Truesdale Lake permit may be stored on the TEA-owned lot across the lake at the corner of Lake Shore Drive and Gilbert Street. The access road adjoining beach may be used for boat launching only. No boat storage on the TEA beach property except boat needed for lifeguard access.
11) NO DOGS or other pets are allowed on the beach at any time. [article]
12) NO FISHING in or around the beach area. Hooks can come loose and cause a hazard to bare feet and hands. Use common sense when fishing anywhere near where people swim (docks, shorelines, other access points).
13) No glass bottles or objects are permitted in the beach area.
14) Proper attire must be worn at all times.
15) LifeguardÂ hours are generally from noonÂ to 7:00PM on weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Lifeguards are not guaranteed to be at the beach during these times. We will hire lifeguards on certain holidays as well. All other use of the beach by TEA Members in Good StandingÂ and accompanied guests is at your own risk.
16) If Lifeguard is not on duty, TEA Beach Chairperson or TEA Board member may close the beach at any time by posting a notice of closing. Beach is also closed when lake treatment occurs and generally for 24 hours following treatment depending on requirements.
17) LOCK THE GATE WHEN YOU LEAVE.