Current Lake Treatment
Due to the shallowness and large watershed of Truesdale Lake, we must manage our lake to maintain its pristine appearance and excellent swimmability.
We use different combinations of treatments as recommended by our lake management company, The Pond & Lake Connection. We comply with all DEC permitting requirements and notify affected homeowners in the winter or early spring about possible treatment chemicals. We typically apply for permits to use all three treatments below just in case they are needed. We don’t always use all three treatments in any given year however.
Below are links to the Product Labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for the treatments we have used in the past.
Aquathol-K is an aquatic herbicide used to treat weed growth throughout the lake. Application is usually once at the end of the spring (late May or early June).
Aquathol-K main page: http://www.cdms.net/LabelsMsds/LMDefault.aspx?pd=67&t=)
- Aquathol-K label: http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld195009.pdf
- Aquathol-K MSDS: http://www.cdms.net/LDat/mp195010.pdf
Copper Sulfate is used to keep algae blooms to a minimum during the summer. There are typically 4-5 applications during the summer.
- Copper Sulfate label: http://www.southernag.com/docs/labels_msds/copsul.pdf
- Copper Sulfate MSDS: http://www.southernag.com/docs/labels_msds/ms0292.pdf
- Avast! information: http://www.sepro.com/default.php?page=avast
Historic Lake Treatment
Updated periodically as we archive older paper-based treatment reports and information.