Description and Purpose of the Truesdale Lake Management Committee
The Truesdale Lake Management Committee is a subcommittee of the Truesdale Lake Property Owners Association. Its members belong to the Truesdale Lake Property Owners Association (TLPOA), the Truesdale Estates Association (TEA), the Vreeland/Lovecross Association, and unaffiliated Lake Shore Drive riparian residents. Reports are made available to allÂ associations.
Its responsibilities include:
- contracting for and overseeing the weed and algae treatments of the lake by The Pond and Lake Connection in accordance with our Aquatic Plant Management Plan,
- obtaining Wetland Activity Permits from the Town of Lewisboro for lake treatments and other activities,
- monitoring the testing of the water by The Citizens Statewide Lake Assessment Program (CSLAP) (a volunteer lake monitoring program run by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) and the NYS Federation of Lake Associations, Inc. (NYSFOLA),
- representing TLPOA, TEA, and the other associations at New York State Department of Environmental Conservation inspections,
- managing the dam’s height by raising and lowering the boards,
- managing the dam’s condition by contracting for regular mowing,
- interfacing with the Town of Lewisboro Highway Department with respect to the road surface at the dam,
- coordinating schedules of association beach activities with lake treatments,
- coordinating management of boats stored on TLPOA, TEA, Vreeland, and other riparian properties,
- managing fishing permissions and signs around the lake, including restrictions on fishing in certain areas and maintaining the private property status of all boat launch properties. (No Fishing from Beaches ever!)
- researching and communicating plans for maintenance of the dam,
- organizing volunteers for tasks affecting the lake.
- educating riparian owners about best practices for the health of the lake.
- Future possibility: expand to include the entire watershed of Truesdale Lake,
Some sections in the Lake Management area of this website include:
If you are interested in joining or helping with the Lake Management Committee, please contact us. There are many different aspects to help out with and we can help you find what best suits you.
There is a section of the Nextdoor Truesdale Neighborhood page that the Lake Management committee can use for communication. But a lot of communication happens via email as well.
These are the members of the Lake Management Committee as of last update: Alison Brown, Daniela Tuohy, Debbie Fink, Dieter Luelsdorf, Ira Sanchick, John Bergstrom, John Gusmano, Kristen Sussman, Laura Sanchick, Lisa Capobianco, Michael Jackson, Raymond Morse, Robert Cummings, Sara Manes, Scot Evans, Susan Brown, Susan Enos.
This committee communicates mostly via email or occasionally via the nextdoor.com lake management group.
Some core members are more involved in the day to day management and working with Pond & Lake Connection for lake management. Other members are interested in maintaining Truesdale Lake’s natural, aesthetic, and recreational features and balancing them as best we can. Individuals can become involved with the fishing management, geese management, boat management, or other aspects of the lake management outlined above.
If you have anything you would like to include in this section, please contact us.