Our weed control permits are being held up by the folks in Albany.
If you have a minute, please take the time to call, write, or email our assemblyman Adam Bradley (contact information below) to tell him we need these permits ASAP.
Glenn Sullivan (ofÂ Allied Biological, the company that we contract with the treat the lake) has outlined some reasons for his frustration:
– Your lake has obtained an Aquatic Pesticide Permit every year for at least the last 12 years.
– A new permit process has been designed to discourage the use of aquatic pesticides at the request of the Executive branch.
– This process still has not been formalized, but necessary forms were not released until early March.
– Processing of the application has been so slow that optimum application periods are about to be missed, resulting in less effective treatment when the permit is eventually approved.
– The residents of your community rely on effective aquatic weed management to maintain acceptable recreational and ecological lake conditions throughout the summer.
The fourth point is of great concern.
Please make your voice heard. Each person that contacts Mr. Bradley will move this that much higher on his list!
Note: our state congressman is Adam Bradley and his contact info is below.
4 New King Street, Suite 125
Town of North Castle
White Plains, NY 10604
Room 529 LOB
Albany, NY 12248
Information taken from:
Thanks for your help!
Please submit any responses you get as comments to this article.