StartingÂ Saturday evening we will be seeing a lot of rainÂ which will be joined by high winds for much ofÂ SundayÂ from Hurricane Irene. To prepare your property and shoreline for the onslaught, make sure you:
- Bring in any boats that are docked or tied up to the shore. Make sure your boats have Truesdale Lake boat stickers so if they float away you will be able to retrieve them.
- Move any boats that are close to the water further away. The lake level is likely to rise 2-3 feet duringÂ Sunday which (depending on the shoreline slope) could come up a significant distance.Â If you have any boats stored in the boat storage lots around the lake, move them upland for safety or bring them home for a few days.
- Put any inflatables inside for the duration of the storm.
- Take inside any tiki torches or other loose items that could become projectiles in the expected 70-80+ MPH winds and gusts.
- Lock shed doors.
- Keep pets indoors during the storm.
- Take photos of anything interesting and unusual (and send them to us — firstname.lastname@example.org!)
- Let us know any other tips you have — leave a comment below.
- and … Stay safe!