We have a Truesdale Lake Dock Committee (TLDC) with members of the various associations on the lake that has the following rules for building or repairing docks on Truesdale Lake. For some additional context and information, read this helpful dock article here.
- Dock Reasonable Use Criteria – This page has the dock limits outlined for various property sizes, lakefront dimensions, and property line setbacks.
- Dock Application – Anyone wishing to build a new dock or repair or expand an existing dock must fill out this application in full to begin the approval process for the dock.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the contact form at this website.
Keep in mind the following:
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Approval can be very quick if everything is in order.
If you have received approval from the dock committee, you must then get a building permit and wetlands approval from the Town of Lewisboro.
- Include your approval letter from the TLDC with your building permit and wetlands approval application.
- The process of Truesdale Lake Dock Committee approval will help get everything well organized for submitting to the building department and wetlands inspector.
If your TLDC application is incomplete or your proposed dock does not conform to the TLDC Dock Reasonable Use Criteria, the letter you receive will outline the non-conformances and a copy will be sent to the building department and the wetlands inspector.
You can resubmit the application with modifications that will make the dock conform to the reasonable use criteria.