Truesdale Estates Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 363
South Salem, NY 10590
TEA Beach Rules
1) All members must sign in each day with the lifeguard as this is a private beach.
2) Beach use is limited to Deeded Members in Good Standing (paid dues). Regular Members may have accompanied guests. All other use is prohibited.
3) If a Member wishes to bring 10 or more guests, please check in advance with the Beach Chairperson or an Association Officer for the proper approval to have a large group at the beach at a particular time. Additional TEA party rules apply.
4) A Member must accompany their guests at all times.
5) An adult must accompany children under the age of 14.
6) The lifeguard reserves the right to test any person’s swimming ability.
7) The lifeguard also has the right to ask anyone to leave the beach for failure to comply with any of the above rules. He/she may also request anyone leave for excessive roughhousing or objectionable behavior and for safety reasons such as lightning storms.
8) NO DIVING from the Swimming float and no jumping off the back of the float. The lifeguard’s view must not be obstructed.
9) Boats (canoes, sailboats, sai1boards, etc.) may be used outside the designated swimming area and must have a proper boat permit. Please click here to fill out a Truesdale Lake boat permit application. Permits are free for residents with deeded lake rights who pay their dues.
10) Boats with a proper Truesdale Lake permit may be stored on the TEA-owned lot across the lake at the corner of Lake Shore Drive and Gilbert Street. The access road adjoining beach may be used for boat launching only. No boat storage on the TEA beach property except boat needed for lifeguard access.
11) NO DOGS or other pets are allowed on the beach at any time. [article]
12) No glass bottles or objects are permitted in the beach area.
13) Proper attire must be worn at all times.
Lifeguard hours are from noon to 7:00PM.
Lifeguards typically work weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day — but there may be times when there is no lifeguard present. Swimming at your own risk during these times.
We will hire lifeguards on certain holidays as well. All other use of the beach by TEA Members in Good Standing and accompanied guests is at your own risk.
TEA Beach Chairperson or TEA Board member may close the beach at any time by posting a notice of closing. The beach is also closed when lake treatment occurs and generally for 24 hours following treatment depending on safety recommendation and requirements of the herbicide used.